it’s hard to stay motivated and reach the goals we set for our lives. It’s easy to lose patience with ourselves and the goals we’ve set when we have setbacks. Here are a few tips to help you set and keep your goals….
8 Ways To Stay Motivated To Reach Your Goals
- Make sure each goal has a purpose or a “why.” Motivation decreases if you don’t have a clear reason for your goal. After all, if you do not know why you are doing something, what is the point of doing it? Put the purpose of your goal somewhere that you will see it several times a day to remind you of your ‘why”.
- Start slowly. Don’t jump in all at once. Instead, find a place to start small with your goals, and build your way up from there.
- Reward yourself when you complete your goals. Incentives are a powerful way to keep motivated. This will help you stay motivated to take on your next goal, as you will be excited for the next reward!
- Stay grateful. Practicing gratitude is an important part of the motivation. At the end of the day, go over the things that happened during your day that you are grateful for. This will help you to start the next day with motivation and ready to continue your journey of completing your goal.
- Break your large goals into mini-goals. If you try to tackle a large goal, you might wind up discouraged by just how much work there is to do. But splitting your goals into smaller parts will help sustain a feeling of accomplishment across a span of weeks or months.
- Write your goals down and review them each day.
- Find someone that will keep you accountable. A friend or partner that checks in with you each day is a great way to keep you on track.
- Visualize! Make a mental picture in your mind that reflects how you will feel once you complete your goal!