10 Tips To Correct Warrior I
Warrior 1 is a pose that is often done incorrectly. There are so many movements happening in the body to create this strong pose. You need to have a lot of ankle mobility and strength in your legs to achieve proper alignment. Here are 10 tips to correct your warrior I or virabhadrasana I/A.
- Heel to heel alignment or feet like they are on railroad tracks.
- Back foot turned in 45 degrees.
- Lifting through the arch of the back foot.
- Draw front thigh bone back and back hip forward. Squaring hips to the front of the room.
- Front knee bent and back leg straight.
- Lower ribs drawing in and core engaged.
- Arms extended and shoulders squared to the front of the room.
- Shoulders relaxed away from the ears.
- Fingers spread wide with pinkies gently rotating inward.
- Gaze up towards hands.