Free Info Session
PLAY 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
July 25th at 1:30pm
Interested in becoming a yoga teacher? Or maybe just wanting to deepen your practice? We’re very excited to announce our Fall Yoga Alliance 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training Program with some of your favorite PLAY staff. Join us for a FREE class, then discussion and Q&A about our program, and delicious refreshments!
Yoga for Healthy Back with Sarah Haughton
August 22nd from 1:30 PM-3:30 PM
The health of your back influences all aspects of your life: posture, work, play and sleep. When your back is stiff and painful, it burdens all areas of your life. Nearly all of us experience some type of back pain in our lives, some chronic, others temporary. This workshop will teach the most up to date guiding principles of alignment you can use not only in your yoga practice, but also you daily life of movement (sitting, standing, walking, etc). You will leave this workshop with:
- Anatomical knowledge of how your back moves, why it hurts, and what you can do to successfully omit back pain from your life.
- Understanding your back
- Anatomy and understanding common back issues (upper, middle and lower back, and sacrum)
- Postural assessment and awareness techniques for proper body alignment
- Yoga Therapeutics for various back issues – approaching each yoga practice with back safety as the primary focus
- Lengthening your spine in its natural shape, stretching tight muscles, strengthening muscles that have become weak
Non Heated; All Levels
$25 Pre-Paid; $35 At the Door